Mind Havant and East Hants
Adults' Safe Haven
A safe and confidential space for any adult who feels they are experiencing a mental health crisis
Tel: 0300 303 1560
Open 365 days 6pm - 10pm
No appointment or referral needed
Just drop in
The Adults’ Safe Haven will offer
- Intervention, support and advice to de-escalate mental health crisis
- Tips and tools to promote good mental health and wellbeing
- Teamwork to promote your independence
- Signposting into other relevant and appropriate services or agencies
Please wear a mask to visit us, do not attend if unwell.
For Mental Health crisis support outside of our opening hours please contact 111.
In an emergency please dial 999. For less urgent support during office hours please contact the Wellbeing Centre 02392498916 or email email@example.com
Who we are:
We are a team consisting of a crisis worker from Havant and East Hants Mind, an Inclusion worker (substance misuse) and a Mental Health Practitioner from Southern Health NHS. Working together we provide a safe, informal and supportive environment for people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, or experiencing emotional distress. No appointment or referral is needed, just drop in, everyone is welcome.
What is the Adults’ Safe Haven:
The Adults’ Safe Haven is for adults (aged over 18) needing immediate help at a time of crisis. We offer non-judgemental advice, supporting you to develop short term crisis coping strategies during your time of distress. We can also build your knowledge and understanding of other (longer term) support to help you manage your mental health, emotional wellbeing, and helping to reduce the likelihood of reaching crisis point again.
To self refer, you will need to attend (or phone) the Safe Haven where you will be met by a member of our friendly team who will complete a referral form with you.
We have a crisis Freephone number during Safe Haven opening hours if you cannot attend: 0300 3031560
What to expect:
- Secure entrance and reception
- Opportunity to access a safe space
- Welcome on arrival
- Calming, non-judgemental, private environment
- Assessment of needs and situation
- Support around feeling suicidal or thoughts of self harm
- Opportunity to discuss coping skills, mindfulness and relaxation techniques
- Ability to accelerate treatment if appropriate
- Assessment with Mental Health Nurse/Practitioner if necessary
- Discussion and planning for next steps
- Signposting to further support and advice
We are unable to provide:
- Transport to or from the Safe Haven
- Physical medical care
- Overnight accommodation
- A 136 Suite (place of safety)
For more information: www.easthantsmind.org
Check out our Instagram: @Safehavensouth